PROTECT YOUR PETS
AVOID TICKS BY KEEPING YOUR DOG AWAY FROM
- Tall grasses
- Wooded areas
- Thick low brush
TRY TO STAY IN THE CENTER OF TRAILS WHEN WALKING OR HIKING IN WOODED AREAS
MAKE YOUR YARD UNAPPEALING TO TICKS
- Remove all leaf litter
- Mow regularly
- Create a three foot barrier between your yard and wooded areas using wood chips or gravel
- Discourage wildlife by building a fence and secure trash cans to keep away rodents that carry ticks
SPEAK WITH YOUR VETERINARIAN
- Find out which tick-borne diseases are in your area
Learn about products that greatly reduce your dog’s chance of being
exposed to ticks that can carry tick-borne diseases.
- Discuss whether a vaccine for Lyme disease is right for your dog.
- Talk about annual testing for Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.